Monday, 2 February 2009
Torch, Battler and Bruiser - Greenock 2/02/09
It was a pretty dire lunchtime and while I had thoughts of going up the hill, decided time was against me (fortunately!). So, esplanade on the west it was, and luckily Torch was headed out into a really choppy swell to drop a buoy. The tide was pushing in and the Mighty River was pushing out, with the aid of a strong and very cold easterly wind - result good stroppy choppy swell. Torch aint no racing boat and about as blunt as a removals van. I then thought I'd catch her along the eastern esplanade so dived around to catch old pals Battler and Bruiser heading downstream...This was turning into mighty 10 minute session!
Torch was doggedly thumping into the swell while the two prize fighters were headed out for a big boat down the estuary; I didn't catch this but assume it was taken up river over the next 2-3 hours of daylight on high water.
In the detail of the pictures, nice plumes were caught from Torch's bow, and the odd seagull drifted in. The navy boat was trialing and when they full power the engines (turbines I'd guess) it soon kicked up a good wake; behind, the hills were less than spectacular, but there was nice light cast over various parts.
Best regards, Monday is done; the south of England and up the Pennine ridge, across to the 'east' have been hammered with snow (well about 100mm of it; London just about closed!). Cheers, Denis.
(Font: Trebuchet MS, 10)
Labels: Bruiser- Battler- Torch, Greenock, tug boats
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
Post a Comment
Your comments are more than welcome!
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.