Monday, 26 December 2011
14th July 2011 The Greenock Cut with Bailey
the hill track becomes a wee bit of a test. I think it's about 7 miles full
loop ...stunning views...a really fine 'over the ~Doon the Watter~ viewing
trail'..do it, I recommend you do it.
I think that it's a shame that it does not take more water...but I assume
it's a scarce resource, would need pretty firmly managed, but we still have
a good condition, beautifully engineered, water supply open contouring
cundy...
Make this one for your 2012 list if you can.
Greenock is also a worthy town with the legacy of being a great industrial
centre; the buildings and many churches stand testimony to very good days
somewhat gone by the reduction of River Clyde trading...it's modern claim to
fame being 'The Container Base'...hmm, ....but also the big Cruise Liner's
Ocean Terminal ....!
My question arises, does the town do enough to 'attract' and hold the
tourists...or do they whizz off to Edinburgh and Glasgow...?
br, Denis.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
Post a Comment
Your comments are more than welcome!
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.