Sunday, 14 February 2010

 

Lennoxtown Woods looking north and west over the Campsies 30/01/10

                   
Across the stripped-out woods towards Clachan of Campsie (nestled in the woodland at the bottom of the gully).....Crow Road striking a line right across the flank to go up Fintry Glen and over to...Fintry!

Celtic football training grounds built in the old Lennox Castle Hospital grounds (for the severely disabled...who have now been integrated back into a better form of community living) - why nestled on the north side of a pretty big lump of hill..it'll hardly ever be warm, or dry out, since there will be such little Sun to get at it....!?

I gingerly spread-eagled myself out one long very hard Winter ago and slid across the wee frozen pond...(kids(?) just don't ever do that please!) .....I was with two others who had sense to just watch; I was confident......it was awfully cold (I think worse than this Winter) and I never heard a creak or groan as I eased myself on... I'm sure it was solid to the bottom, however deep it is!
The last view being over the slightly reeking Glasgow....cold air holding a fairly light 'smogginess' in the Clyde valley.

Regards, Denis.


Comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are more than welcome!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]