Tuesday, 5 January 2010

 

Fintry Glen, north side of Campsies, and Gartness cascades; wee bit of the West Highland way trail 28/12/09

Were a bit late getting sorted for another walk ..looking for 'something
different' so headed to Fintry Glen to see what ice there'd be ..not a lot,
so went for a run in the car towards Fintry and then Gartness...
Yes...DID get some icicles and water features.
The north side of the Campsies is quite spectacular, though I think I have
seen it all better..? The sea corries of Allenrowie and Balglas always amaze
me...how can they be so far from 'the sea' and have such towering corrie
walls.....I'm just guessing but think they must be about 800 feet
pretty-well shear. It's ''airy'' standing up there on the ledges.
I managed to get a few different hues due to the lowering Winter sun...

I also like the Gargunnock Hills western edge too, and the moon is high up
there, early on it's journey sweeping south and westwards...

The Gartness falls are superb and I have covered them earlier when out
looking for 'salmo the leaper'.

Finally, a wee note about the crab apple tree....again I have pics earlier
with lots of fallen fruit from this old faithful; thankfully there is
something there under the tree as a foodstock for the birdies in these
harsh cold, frosted weeks. On the way back in, I saw the setting Sun and
knew I could magic something through the branches...so there we have a
peeping torchlight coming right through the trunk!! (I got an equally
spectacular view when down visiting L in the Midlands a few years ago. the
setting orb shining right through the windows of an under-construction
house).

Cheers, Denis.


Comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are more than welcome!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]