Tuesday, 5 January 2010
Clyde estuary northwards and Inchinnan 05/01/10
The light was much brighter and I hoped for some nice white ice-floes (after
another very cold night and about 50 mm of snow)...really nothing happening,
though the Black Cart was very bonny with the birds on the water and Canada
or barnacle geese (I think) at the bank.
Went over to see what the Ben Lomond looked like and again a bit of
disappointment......I think some really cold, dank air sitting over the glen
of Loch Lomond therefore visibility very poor further up. The beautiful
black horses and the Kilpatrick hills looked great as did some of the shots
through towards Balloch and Alexandria and past Dumbarton Rock......
another very cold night and about 50 mm of snow)...really nothing happening,
though the Black Cart was very bonny with the birds on the water and Canada
or barnacle geese (I think) at the bank.
Went over to see what the Ben Lomond looked like and again a bit of
disappointment......I think some really cold, dank air sitting over the glen
of Loch Lomond therefore visibility very poor further up. The beautiful
black horses and the Kilpatrick hills looked great as did some of the shots
through towards Balloch and Alexandria and past Dumbarton Rock......
Back at the Cart, I got a few crystal clear shots and the reflections from
the airport were lovely, on a 'still, blue-black river'....today running in
the 'right direction'!
Another good 40 minutes pastime.
Regards, Denis.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
Post a Comment
Your comments are more than welcome!
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.