Saturday, 26 December 2009
Christmas Day (about noon) 2009
glorious Christmas morning and would not trade that experience for
anything...
Bailey did the usual posing kind of at my behest, and he's so confident and
inquisitive it's hard to curb his enthusiasm for a few minutes while I try
to capture the shots. The old trunk parts have been there for a year
now......but the rings and rotten core give some character to balance the
lines and features of the wee man; he's got a beautiful chestnut (bear's)
eye and his feathers are beautiful too, since he has that thickened soft,
wooly, Winter coat on...
The light was stunning and ever changing. The trees and shrubs covered with
a very heavy frost icing that caused the downwards laden droop. The big
trees were covered tips to base and stunningly majestic -when I look at them
I am cast back to wondering what size they were when the Forth & Clyde canal
was built..they must have seen it all, though they'd be mere juveniles
then....I think they'll be towards >150 years old now.....certainly I'd
estimate 80 -100+ feet tall.
We hooked up from the field end-rig to the canal (40 feet above us to see
what the state was ...I wondered if a narrow boat had maybe had a wee
sortie.....Nothing to disturb the porcelain plate .....just the white
pristine continuum. As I took a few snaps the brilliant Sun broke through
and cast some nice light and shadows onto the white frosted plate.
As I went back down the steep bank towards the fields, I noted the cold fog
rolling in up the field from the river Kelvin..'ya beauty!'.....more changes
to capture.
As we made our way down the golf course and old policy wall...I got the
moody mistiness and the back-lit Sun worshipped, old, struggling stump; then
over towards the thicket with ghostly tree features misted in the rolling
front of fog.....
Bailey was in the bunker for me to try and get those lovely sweeping curves
and character in it (Him) and the trees behind....he didn't really
appreciate that I needed a pose, but after getting him in a few times, he
got a ''nose'' on something.
Out it came ..the 'Triumphal Rake'...heh, heh!
He was so funny.... took it for a wee posing-strut, to show off (to no-one
in particular, cos there was only me) then brought it back to me!
The as we came back along the river bank, I turned around (always wise to do
this ...) I snapped a few last shots for comparison from the 'going-out
journey'...
Wonderful Christmas.......to be a great day all the way through, with good
friends and family with us to mid evening sharing our festivities.
An inspirational day to be alive.
Kind regards with Best Season's Greetings to All, Denis.
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Post a Comment
Your comments are more than welcome!
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.