Tuesday, 14 July 2009

 

Bees by the R Kelvin 22/06/09

pic 970 is the important one...a 'honey bee'... not good quality I'm afraid,
but it's so important. They are very few and far between. The honey bee
disaster warned of some 2-3 years ago is unfolding before us.
The population of all bees is well down in my opinion, but this year I have
been lucky to see about 5 or 6 honey bees only.
Normal bumble bees seem to be coping reasonably, but even then I see far too
many dead on the roads and pathways.
Luckily by our house there are fantastic tree flower blooms and the air is
always buzzing ...I just hope there is a bonus to be had - we need all our
bees!

The wee 'red bum' is not at all common here in this area (dead one on my
hand, through live ones were on the flowers) and again luckily there do seem
to be a reasonable amount of 'baker bees' the ones with the light yellow
bums.

We need to be alert to all this, please talk to friends and see what they
believe is happening.

Kind regards, Denis.


Comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are more than welcome!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]