Tuesday, 12 May 2009

 

Doon the Watter, a glorious Monday 11th May 09

I saw the navy boat going down river and caught up with it at Finlaystone,
the Kelburn log boxes.
I knew that I'd get good light and also the across-river views with a
difference. So the minesweeper M1092 was making steady passage with the
pilot boat in attendance behind. Onwards to the next vantage point
then....Newark Castle, The RBS esplanade, or maybe close in at the Custom
House Quay.

Anyway, I noticed another boat going further down so made chase and Custom
point was it...a few stunning shots, coming in through the early morning
silver Sun, then across the bows to catch the detail and then tail shots....
I'm afraid if it was to be 10 minutes later than usual (but still 'early')
then so be it!

At lunchtime, I was determined to see how far North I could manage and to
catch any white tops that I thought I'd seen coming down the Bishopton M8
brae.....
So I headed up the hill to the Old Waterhouse and got a few decent pictures,
that you are likely to have seen similar to before if you follow the blog.
The 'sugar boat' wreck always amazes me as to how far in the mid-channel it
is ...such a different view from when on the esplanade, when it seems to be
almost at the other side.

Later on at tea time, I ran the full loop of the Greenock Cut and though in
desperately poor form, managed about 53 minutes I think. If I get injury
free again, it should be much closer to say 48......I had the pleasure of
catching two young ladies who were bounding along nicely, springs in their
steps, not like the old trudger!
I just managed to get composure and uttered a few grunts and hmms and yeahs,
as I tried to keep up! Good fun though - charming girls ..I hope they get
what they aspire to from the training and racing.

The Greenock Cut is an amazingly enjoyable walk run or cycle; such a night
was totally glorious. Just 'do it'!

Kind regards, Denis.

Labels: ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are more than welcome!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]