Monday, 2 February 2009
The Kilpatrick Hills on a dank afternoon c. 3.30p.m. 30/01/09
Out for some fresh air and good exercise at the end of another grind of a
winter week. Not too bad a run up the log drag onto the escarpment, though
the air and moisture in the air from the east was 'bracing'. The first 20-30
minutes were fine in the dry and as usual in running, I got decently warm
and was in a comfortable state to go back into the easterly. When the rain
blew in I decided to keep the distance shorter and therefore could distract
myself by seeing how the cascades were coming off the edges. I had to do a
bit of slimy scrambling down the veggie ramps hanging onto err, grass, but
knew what I was up to. The rewards are not brilliant given that it was
raining all the time I snapped these shots off...but it was good fun, and
made things more eventful too!
winter week. Not too bad a run up the log drag onto the escarpment, though
the air and moisture in the air from the east was 'bracing'. The first 20-30
minutes were fine in the dry and as usual in running, I got decently warm
and was in a comfortable state to go back into the easterly. When the rain
blew in I decided to keep the distance shorter and therefore could distract
myself by seeing how the cascades were coming off the edges. I had to do a
bit of slimy scrambling down the veggie ramps hanging onto err, grass, but
knew what I was up to. The rewards are not brilliant given that it was
raining all the time I snapped these shots off...but it was good fun, and
made things more eventful too!
It'd would be grand to catch them after a deluge and in nice bright light -
there's another 'right timed challenge' for me. The biggest fall is about 40
feet or so..and quite steep when looking down off the edge!
Great hills, worth a really nice wander - plenty of variety.
Best regards, Denis.
Labels: The Kilpatrick Hills
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
Post a Comment
Your comments are more than welcome!
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.