Monday, 3 November 2008
A heady mix from Clydeside about Greenock
doesn't get good press, and like anywhere and everywhere probably
justifiably, but as a working visitor I have to say I am very suitably
impressed by the richness of variety. I am not sure that 100,000 population
in this district can be out-matched anywhere for suitable variety and
accessibility. Very well worth a visit. The people I know are brilliant and
very switched on, and good honest sorts whom I enjoy working with; there is
an honesty, ingrained from that very 'working class industrial legacy', and
I do not think the savvy and life-experienced community is bettered. Working
class has never meant 'bad'; there are all sorts of 'richness', and these
parts have had their share, as the grand buildings and older houses portray
admirably.
The back-drop north, towards the Arrochar Alps is 2 times as grand in scale,
as my own Campsies from Torrance (though these are often gloriously lit up
too)...
That's something like 3200+ feet compared to 1600+ .....Rugged mountains
that are becoming 'expert zone', compared to strenuous walking hills with
some degree of lighter challenge. Glory in isolated singularity, if you are
good enough, otherwise, go prepared and with company.
Regards, Denis.
Labels: The Clyde Estuary
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
Post a Comment
Your comments are more than welcome!
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.