Tuesday, 16 September 2008
Sunset from near the house, over the marsh, Torrance 12/09/08
I have done no editing of these and they were all taken with the same
setting on the digi. They do show that the changes care often extremely
rapid at this time of year and about 10 shots in less than 5 minutes to give
the dramatic shading and tonal differences.
Whilst clearing the garage on Saturday, I picked up and old Scots magazine
and in it the legendary Tom Weir was writing about 'the most stunning
sunset he'd ever seen (I think that date was 1983 he quoted)...coming west
from Stirling along the Flanders Moss flats ...the whole sky filled with a
glorious hue'...my pictures are almost identical to his in the mag.
I don't have the red tammy or the boozy nose (yet!) but we do have a shared
passion for the Campsies and a similarly attentive eye...you'll need to
research on Tom to get this point!
setting on the digi. They do show that the changes care often extremely
rapid at this time of year and about 10 shots in less than 5 minutes to give
the dramatic shading and tonal differences.
Whilst clearing the garage on Saturday, I picked up and old Scots magazine
and in it the legendary Tom Weir was writing about 'the most stunning
sunset he'd ever seen (I think that date was 1983 he quoted)...coming west
from Stirling along the Flanders Moss flats ...the whole sky filled with a
glorious hue'...my pictures are almost identical to his in the mag.
I don't have the red tammy or the boozy nose (yet!) but we do have a shared
passion for the Campsies and a similarly attentive eye...you'll need to
research on Tom to get this point!
Magic moments.
Cheers, Denis.
Labels: over the marsh at sunset, Torrance
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
Post a Comment
Your comments are more than welcome!
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.