Thursday, 14 August 2008

 

Edinburgh, that fabulous City from Arthur's Seat 17/07/08

Edinburgh rarely fails to strike less than wonderment for any visitor -
locals or internationals.
This was on Sunday morning, after a fabulous family wedding, and the brisk
air but beautiful sunshine were a perfect after-taste of the memorable
Saturday, for two fine young people hitching up.
The views speak for themselves and I'm sure Mr. Colin Prior and others have
done much, much better very often...!

Again believe it or not this was the special venue for the Scottish hosting
of the World Running Mountain Trophy, in 1992 or such....(there we go again,
bad memory!!) - OK - check the records! Tommy Murray (Greenock Glenpark) was
a superb second after leading 95% of the way, and was pipped on the last
climb over the Crags by a stonking Italian...It was a seriously tough, very
demanding and undulating course that didn't get into the BIG mountains but
it did it's job and managed to get the very best out of one Graham Bartlett
- his best ever result, I think, by some way.

Cheers, Denis.


Comments:
Great photos Denis!
Best wishes, Jane
 
Hi Jane, very kind of you again, many thanks. Sorry I've just been mega busy lately and have not had chance to return the compliment!
I'm also having big problems keeping things up to date and wonder too if I've not maxed out on my capacity on the site....getting email bounce- backs 'error loading'. Br, Denis.
 
Thanks Denis - no apologies necessary! You've got me worried now: I didn't realise that we may only have a limited amount. I haven't read anything about upper limits in any of the help 'menus' - I must try to find out. We should have plenty of space though because I've seen blogs with almost endless numbers of pages and photos! Sorry you've been having problems though.
 

Post a Comment

Your comments are more than welcome!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]