Monday, 9 June 2008

 

The Tarmachen Ridge 1/06/08, 10x Lumix digi.

                       
Managed to get these further-out shots with the more powerful zoom.
North to the Big North Face.....THE BEN, Nevis, of course, with the snowy top slopes of the Aonachs, Mor and Beg sitting off to the East slightly.
The rest you might figure, and by the light you can get South, East and West....all the decently big ones are there - try the OS maps...

Cheers, 4 hours later and pretty tired after the 2 earlier exploits...Denis
.

(Font: Tw Cen MT, 10)


Comments:
Hi, mi name es Laura. I´m from Argentina. I really don´t know how i get into your blog, but... I realy love your pictures and for what i see in them your country is so awesome, beatifull... I guess is in the U.K, maybe Scotland, cause i saw you named Glasgow. Congrats, for you pcitures, and for the nice place where you live !!!

Best Regards, Laura
 
Hi Laura, your comments are very kind and most appreciated - thankyou for complimenting Scotland too. It is a great country though actually there are lots of great places too in England, Wales and Northern Ireland and Eire (Ireland). We have a small population and of the 5.5 millions, probably 4.5 million stay in the 'Central Belt', between Glasgow and Edinburgh. So the ''Big Country'' (check out our band by this name, some stirring music, though Ian Adamson the lead singer sadly died prematurely) has very few people living in it, especially up north (all directions) and also down into the Borders and south west (Galloway). We do enjoy wonderful 'air' and have a great variety of scenery. Most of the mountain shots you see are above 2,500 feet and some go over 4000 feet; nearby my home here we have a lot of smaller hills about 1000-2000 feet, but still very attractive, though not so grand. I also think that Argentina has some inceredible country and is famed for the rolling grasslands 'The Pampas'....
I enjoyed reading your personal pen-sketch; good luck and enjoy whatever you do. Kind regards, Denis.
 

Post a Comment

Your comments are more than welcome!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]