Wednesday, 21 May 2008

 

The Sospan Dau, dredger at Dumbarton Rock 20/05/08

           
Here's the Sospan Dau doing it's stuff at tea-time last night, dredging up the navigable waterway near Dumbarton Rock, and then turning head on to me in the space of 15 minutes snapping away.

I'm not sure of the 'flag' but I bet they are working first to last light...!
How long will it take for the black goo to turn into something decently solid for building works..and will it stink or not? There must be lots of veggie matter in there from away up in the Southern Uplands east of Moffat...?

Cheers, Denis.

(Font: Berlin Sans B, 10)_


Comments:
Denis, I have saved your blog in my favorites, love the pictures of Scotland, my mothers family were from there, I am in South Africa, and yes I also love walking, and the country side, I live in Shongweni, which is out in the country on a farm.
thank you for a lovely blog
Carolyn
 
Hi Carolyn, very many thanks for your comments, most appreciated.
I'm glad that my stuff appeals..it's an eclectic mix I'm afraid..but I live for the otudoors and fresh air and totally love this adopted country of mine. I am Nothumbrian and came north with Dad's job very many years ago..but matured into a man and eventually got Scottish vests for international mountain running. I love the saltire blue and my girls and their mum for being Scottish.

I'll look at your blogs shortly but time always presses me!

Kindest regards from Torrance, Denis. (Miltimap wil let you track my places of interest..?)
 

Post a Comment

Your comments are more than welcome!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]