Monday, 5 November 2007
On the Campsies looking North and West 17/10/07
A snatched tail end of day again not too long before the shortened days with the clock change.
It was clear and cool and I did the Crow Road car park out to Cort ma Law trig point.
Well worth lingering, though I struggle with cold fingers, to catch the changing light from darkening yellow to the salmons and light purples of the bending light waves.
The textures of the hill ground and folds are awesome, as are the ground patterns by the old drainage ditches and varied plant growth. North is the Gargunnock range then way up towards the big hills Ben Vorlich, Stuc a Chroin, Ben Ledi, Ben Venue and maybe way up West Stobinian, Ben More...
The Moon is hanging above the Lennoxtown Forest I think...
The Burn is the Glazert which cascades down Fin Glen and drops some 500 feet in mile and is totally spectacular in spate - this shot is just a decent flow, no more. I managed to drop (lost) the car key here and since it was the first photo, gave me a stroke of luck that it didn't occur up on the fell so I retraced my early steps from the finish back up the glen road for about 800m...arrgghh!
Keep the key on a safety tie!
Regards, Denis.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
Post a Comment
Your comments are more than welcome!
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.