Tuesday, 6 November 2007
The Endrick Water at Gartness 28/10/07
Here's another wee local jewel and you'll note 'salmo the leaper'.......Plenty of tea water flowing and we watched the falls for 1/2 hour and saw many attempts but I only caught one biggy getting up ..I think about 20" long and she hit the ledge and powered off upstream to the water bund used for mill wheel power some years ago.
The trees starting to really colour up and the magical ridge of the Campsies with low cloud breezing through. The Endrick also on early coursing gives rise to the very spectacular Loup o' Fintry (towards Carron Valley reservoir maybe some 10-15 miles eastwards) and if you check the 'Calrine Hole' run report you'll see reference there.
We'll be back at Gartness because I think there'll be the salmon run for some time still - watch this space.
Cheers, Denis.
(Tahoma font 10)
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
Post a Comment
Your comments are more than welcome!
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.