Friday, 21 September 2007

 

QE2 and Red Arrows Helensburgh-Greenock 070920

I pinched a couple of hours yesterday and it being an historic occasion do
not feel guilty!

Rather than brave the mayhem at Greenock and the Erskine Bridge, I tootled
off to Helensburgh, taking a chance with the weather and distance for me
little old digi camera being effective.

As it happened I arrived just as the Red Flying men wore starting their
passes and following are a few pictures that are most 'wow' and decent for
sharing. Quite an hour overall and the light was quite good an has allowed
me to use contrast to get some of the moody shots with the coloured vapour
trails.what do you think?!

A decent tribute to the Clyde and all the good people's work that made this
iconic ship..which much to our National pride is cruising this next year and
then going to Dubai as a floating hotel - we can't afford it eh.?!

I would seriously promote this as mega cruiser to WOW for another hundred
years and be a West of Scotland structure to balance the Forth Bridges and
give the Clyde estuary another good reason for 'sense of place'.what a
community legacy and business opportunity.

Kind regards, Denis


Comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are more than welcome!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]